AU is now providing Rapid Tests for all members of our community, free of charge. Rapid Tests are available from on-campus vending machines.
Rapid Test Vending Machine Locations
- Butler Pavilion/Mary Graydon Center (main campus): Machine is located by the former AU Campus Store (doors at the end of walkway between MGC and Battelle when facing MGC from quad)
- Spring Valley Building: Machine is located on the first floor near the elevators.
- Washington College of Law: Machine is located in the Warren Building, near the student lounge outside of Pence Law Library
- 4401 Connecticut: P1 Level - Elevator Lobby
Using the Vending Machine
You must have a smart phone to obtain a test kit from a vending machine.
- Scan the Portal Login QR Code on vending machine. This opens the Online Portal on your phone.
- Allow portal to access your phone camera.
- Log in using your AU username and password and select Get a Shield T3 COVID-19 Test.
- Scan Dispense QR Code on vending machine to obtain kit.
Please take your COVID Rapid Test outside, away from shared spaces.
Antigen ("Rapid") Tests
An antigen test, also called a "rapid" or "at-home" test, takes 15 minutes to perform. Use a self-administered antigen test, instead of a PCR test, if you have tested positive with COVID within the past 90 days. (This is because a PCR test, which is more sensitive, could pick up dead viruses - meaning you could test positive for up to 90 days even after recovery.)