- FREE Flu Vaccines: The Student Health Center will be offering free flu vaccinations:
Thursday, September 23rd in the SHC from 5pm-8pm
Monday, September 27th in YUMA 112 at WCL from 3-7pm
- COVID-19 immunization requirement for students: All students with a campus presence must be vaccinated for Fall 2021. Find answers to your questions about AU's requirements on this FAQ page.
- Covid-19 Testing Schedule: Check the testing schedule for hours, locations, and information about on-campus testing for students, faculty, staff, and contract workers.
- Submit your COVID-19 Vaccine Information: Undergraduate, graduate, and WCL students will be required to provide proof of vaccination for the fall semester. Please see the details regarding the submission of the vaccination record.
Hours of operation: Monday—Friday, 8 am - 5:00 pm.
Starting September 2021, all COVID-19 testing will be conducted at Constitution Hall. The Student Health Center does not administer COVID-19 test during patient appointments.
Telehealth appointments are now available and can be scheduled on the student health portal.
Same-day appointments for acute illnesses and telemedicine appointments can be made by calling 202-885-3380 option 1 and then option 2 to schedule an appointment.
If you feel like you are experiencing a life threatening emergency:
Please call 202-885-3636 (On Campus)or call 911 (Off Campus)
- Community Members with exemptions are required to be tested twice a week
- Asymtomatic and Symptomatic testing is available in Constitution Hall and at WCL
- Available to Students, Faculty, and Staff on a walk-in basis
All psychiatric appointments are now being conducted via telepsychiatry. This service is only available for students who are physically located in Washington, DC,as our psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner are not licensed to offer telepsychiatry to students who reside outside of DC. When scheduling your appointment, please let the Patient Service Representative know where you are currently located.
If you are out of state and have questions for your provider, please send a secure message to your psychiatric provider through the Student Health Portal.
For psychiatry appointments, please call: 202-885-3565 or email Psychiatry@american.edu (Please provide your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, and AUID Number). Before your scheduled appointment, you will be sent a secure message through the student health portal with instructions on how to connect for your telepsychiatry appointment. You can use any device to connect as long as it has audio and video capabilities.
Limited appointments for students residing in Maryland and Virginia are located in the Student Health Center.