Summer 2022 Protocols
As of May 23, 2022, masks will be optional in most campus locations. Community members may choose to wear a high-quality mask (KN95 or N95) in any setting or location, based on personal preferences or situations.
Where masks remain required:
- campus medical facilities, including the Student Health Center, Counseling Center, and COVID-19 testing sites;
- transportation facilities, including the AU shuttle and any other AU vehicle used for public transportation.
If a member of our community asks others to mask when in close contact with one another (including faculty in classrooms or labs and staff in offices), please treat these requests with respect and give them full consideration.
How to Choose and Use Masks
Wear a KN95 or N95 mask. These masks offer the best protection against transmission. Masks should cover both the nose and mouth and fit tightly to assure the best protection, with no air gaps.
Mask Distribution at AU
Community members who do not have an appropriate mask are welcome to pick up a reusable KN95 mask at locations on campus, with AU ID, at the following locations:
- Bender Library. First floor infomation desk.
- Mary Graydon Center (MGC)/University Center. First floor information desk.
- School of International Service (SIS). First floor, suite 116.
- Spring Valley Building. Office of Enrollment Fullfillment Center (room 218). Mon-Fri 10 a.m.-4 p.m..
Washington College of Law (WCL).
- Facilities Management Office (YT05).
- Pence Law Library.
- Warren Reception Desk.
4401 Connecticut Ave. (WAMU Building). WAMU Reception Area, 1st floor.
More questions? For specific issues not addressed on this page, please email: email@example.com