We begin in wonder, journey in curiosity, and ultimately, dare to know. The AU Honors Program brings together a diverse community of students and faculty to learn in experiential and inquiry-driven ways. Propelled by curiosity and a willingness to take risks, our students endeavor to push the bounds of the known and the knowable throughout their shared academic journey. The program supports students as they dare to contribute to knowledge, creative expression, and meaningful change.
No single academic discipline can fully solve the problems faced in contemporary society. Employers and communities are looking for those who can examine an issue and bring forward responses that transcend any single disciplinary perspective. AU Honors looks to educate individuals capable of responding to the challenges encountered now and in the future. The world needs creative and informed responses to "wicked problems" like climate change, inequality, access, and healthcare.
- Join a living-learning community in your first year
- Benefit from priority registration
- Have access to unique Honors courses and Honors faculty
- Learn from top speakers at our “Have You Ever Wondered?” discussion series
- Have a dedicated Honors staff including Program Associates in the classroom and on your floor
- Benefit from professional development workshops and preparation for national scholarships