Admission to the BA or BS
The ATEC program does not require an audition on a musical instrument and is portfolio-optional. To apply for the major
If submitting a portfolio, then begin by completing our Slideroom Application for the BA or BS.
If not submitting a portfolio, then follow the standard process for Declaring a Major.
Portfolio submission deadlines:
- November 11, 2023 (transfer or current student, or early decision)
- February 10, 2024 (transfer or regular decision)
For applicants with submitted portfolios, the Program Director will review submissions and make recommendations to admissions.
Your portfolio should be (no more than) three examples of your work in audio production and or research: it could be
- in-the-box (computer) compositions (.wav, or MP3 files or even a Soundcloud link)
- in-the-studio or live recording and mix of performing artists
- recorded music or video performance by the applicant on instrument or voice
- audio software build demo or link
- acoustic space plan or rendering
- sound design for film or video
- or anything else that demonstrates your interest in sound.
ATEC welcomes a wide and varied selection of your work. For questions contact email@example.com.
Group tours with a studio tour and meeting with the Program Director, faculty, and current students are offered during Preview and Accepted Students days.
Individual tours can be booked through the studio manager.